Nearly all Harrovians move on to university on completion of their A-levels. Many boys progress directly to university, while others choose to have a gap year first.
The range of Harrovians' university destinations is becoming broader, both in terms of UK institutions and courses, and overseas applications arising from their increasingly global perspective. American universities, in particular, continue to feature prominently, with many boys attracted by the Liberal Arts model and the high quality and range of campus facilities on offer. An increasing numbers of boys is applying to European universities alongside UK and US institutions. More distant destinations such as Hong Kong, Australia and Canada remain popular. No matter the country or the institution, what is certainly true is that Harrovians routinely progress into higher education that ranks among the best the world has to offer.
- Harrovians will be taking up places at six of the world’s top ten universities (QS World University Rankings) including Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial and UChicago;
- Success beyond UK and US with one boy attending ETH in Zurich, ranked 9 globally;
- 30 Harrovians gained places at US universities;
- A record 9 Harrovians will be taking up places at six of the eight Ivy League schools in the United States of America;
- Nearly a quarter of boys will take up places at institutions ranked in the world’s top twenty including Princeton, Columbia and Edinburgh.